Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions.
People in this occupation:
- inspect machined parts and tooling in order to maintain quality control standards
- work for machinery, equipment, motor vehicle, automotive parts, aircraft and other metal products manufacturing companies and for machine shops
- work in wood manufacturing and food processing plants, as well as in refineries
- have an interest in mechanization
- must have a strong attention to detail and be able to communicate complicated technical ideas with precision and clarity
- need to have good physical mobility, as well as be able to lift heavy objects and handle production pressures calmly
See more by clicking the TryIt button above.